Lea In Zambia

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Alive and Well in Africa

Well, today is my second day in Zambia. Things are going well. We're staying at a little place about 15k outside of Lusaka. Tomorrow I'm off for my first site visit in the Northern provence. It is near one of the national parks. The PCVL's (Peace Corps Volunteer Leaders) say that they have a suprise for us, but they won't let us know until tomorrow. I hope that it is a stop at the national park. Today we got some more shots and will be fitted for our bikes. I've now heard that we will be able to have internet access about once a week while in training. Last night I ate pizza with banana's on it, it was interesting. Haven't had any traditional Zambian foods yet. Well, there are only 2 computers here and I don't want to keep people waiting. I'll write soon.